Pages

Rock-climbing in Stockholm: Tantoberget

Date: 31st August, 2015

Tanto is another Rock-climbing destination in South of Stockholm, which can be easily reached by public transport.

Soon after the first climbing event in Stockholm at Münchenbryggeriet, Angie invited me for the second meetup- the afterwork climbing at Tantoberget (south of Stockholm). I somehow managed to join the group after finishing-up my classes.

This climbing event was a special one for me- I had my first fall here! Almost 12+ ft. of fall, which caused a few bruises on arms and shoulder. My head was saved from the impact because I had my helmet on (I always use a helmet). I can now say that my helmet, from Rock Empire, is tested :)  

My first lead-climb in Sweden !
On 'Med fanan i näven' grade 5+
Magnus attempting the 'White men dont jump' grade 5+

The crags in Tantoberget or 'Tanto' as it is usually called, can be reached from Zinkensdamm or Hornstull T-bana (metro). 

"If you aren't falling, you aren't trying hard enough". The fall is like a transition step in climbing which signifies advancement to next level. There are a lot of articles on the internet on 'How to fall', 'The Art of falling' etc. I highly recommend reading those articles and then you might escape the fall with a minor injuries. This article covers quite some good points-to-ponder. 

Photo credits: Sakshyam Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our most recent adventure...

Chanderi fort trekking

Date: January 2021 Trek type: Jungle fortress, 714 m Difficulty: Walking on moderate to difficult terrain (no rock-climbing) Availability of...